The PAY LE$$ RETAIL Fact Sheet.
PAY LE$$ RETAIL Incorporated is the digital coupons, offers & deals, including online printable, social, mobile and loyalty card promotions. The company is the driving force in transforming the multi-billion dollar coupon offer & deal industry and ushering it into the digital world. The company’s goal is to provide coupons, offers & deals everywhere a brand has the opportunity to interact with a consumer across the digital domain.
PAY LE$$ RETAIL is not only shifting the multi-billion dollar coupon offer & deal insert market online, it is also expanding both the supply of coupons, offers & deals, by using the power of the Internet to lower the cost of entry for deals & coupon issuers, and increasing the demand for coupons, offers & deals, by introducing a whole new consumer demographic to coupons, offers & deals via the Internet, social media, and mobile phones.
Industry Fast Facts
- 305 billion Discount & coupons (valued at $470 billion) distributed via all mediums in 2011
- 3.5 billion coupons, offers & deals (saving consumers $4.6 billion) were redeemed in 2011, up 6.1 percent over 2010
- Reach of newspapers in the U.S. has steady declined for more than 15 years from 70 percent of U.S. households in 1994 to 40 percent in 2010
- Data shows that users of digital coupons, offers & deals have higher household incomes, have larger households, are better educated, shop more frequently and spend more each month on groceries than users of newspaper coupons and the general population overall, dispelling the perceived low-brow stigma of Discounts. These demographic characteristics are attractive to coupons, offers & deals issuers
- Poor economic environment is a primary factor in increased discounts & coupon use by consumers and brands. However, research shows that consumers intend to continue to use coupons, offers & deals even after the economy improves